Have a Youtube channel been on your list of things to do in your business for a long time? If you’re interested in diversifying your business revenue, Youtube offers a variety of options for you! In today’s episode, I’m helping you explore how Youtube can be a valuable tool to get you moving towards diversifying your revenue streams in your business and why it’s a great tool for content marketing.
Called to Both is brought to you by Joy Michelle, mom of two and multi-passionate entrepreneur who’s on a mission to help others find balance between the worlds of motherhood and business. Called to Both is the podcast for women who have big business ambitions and also want to be intentional and present moms. At Called to Both, we truly don’t believe you have to choose between these two worlds tugging at your heart You can be Called to Both.
Today’s episode is brought to you by Kajabi! I use Kajabi to house my freebies, my email list, my coaching pages, and client replay calls. Kajabi also offers podcast hosting, communities, and memberships. This all-in-one tools helps streamline my admin and marketing efforts! You can try Kajabi for free today with the link below!
How Content Creation Adds Revenue to Your Business
Before we dive too far into using Youtube to further diversify your revenue streams, it’s important to understand the role that content plays in your business. Content marketing is a valuable tool that can fuel your ability to market your services and sell your offers.
I am a firm believer that content is a need in a business in order to stay relevant and grow. A great content hub to consider is Youtube.
Three Reasons to Use Youtube for Your Content
Youtube is an incredible platform for growing an audience, generating revenue, gaining clients, and building brand authority. Here are three reasons to consider Youtube for your content creation journey:
- Sustainability: Video content lasts longer, creating sustainability in your content creation. I personally still make money from Youtube videos that I posted years ago.
- Audience Growth: Youtube helps grow your audience and expand your reach, allowing you to sell to more people.
- Search Engine Optimization: Did you know that Google owns Youtube, therefore they prioritize Youtube content in search results. When you embed Youtube videos on your blog, it increases your SEO, because Google can index videos on a page.
Building a strategy for your Youtube content may feel overwhelming, but I’d love to help you reach new people and grow your business with Youtube! Let’s work together on your Youtube strategy through my coaching program.
How To Make Money on Youtube as a Business or Content Creator
If you decide to pursue Youtube for your content marketing strategy, it’s important to understand the primary ways that you can make money for your content.
- Channel monetization through Google Adsense (requires 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months).
- Brand deals with sponsored videos.
- Selling courses through your specialized content.
- Selling coaching or services by highlighting your expertise in your videos.
- Affiliate income when you’re sharing about products and brands you love.
- Grows your email list organically through tools like Flodesk.
Ultimately, a youtube channel can help to build your brand and with it an audience and community. When you have a brand you have options for making sales in new ways that feel exciting for you.
If you’re enjoying the content we’re creating on the podcast and want to connect with others who are called to both, make sure you come join us in the Called to Both Facebook Group!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Connect with Joy:
Coach with Joy: joymichelle.co/coaching
If you decide to use any of the links above and buy through them, I’ll receive a small commission back. All of those affiliate income commissions really add up over time and help generate revenue to help support this podcast.
Looking for the Transcript?